Thursday 17 July 2014

Restaurant Story: Riverboat Quest Update (part 1)

So I started playing Restaurant Story really recently after being Into Bakery Story for.... time and just while I was deliberating about how I wanted to decorate my restaurant, the new riverboat update arrived! It's SO beautiful *_*

TeamLava's blog post about the update says it comes with a new floor tile, table, and decoration and also lists the new riverboat decoration that I assume is the end reward for all the new goals that also came with this update:


Isn't it LOVELY? I can't wait to put it in my restaurant. I'm thinking of putting it in the middle like a centrepiece maybe. But we shall see! I also really like the floor tile and wallpaper, both of which you can see in TeamLava's picture up there, and I've kept them around in my restaurant even past the goal to have certain numbers of them. A TRUE SIGN OF LOVE. As you can also see in that picture, there are new stools, a new wall decoration sign saying "fresh fish", and a new oven with a WHEEL ON IT (it is possible I am the most delighted by the oven, oh my god, it goes so well with my steampunk-adjacent restaurant theme yessss). There's also a new riverboat themed divider and a new matching counter with a little .... what are they called oh my god how have I forgotten this?? Rubber ring? LIFESAVING RUBBER RING? Anyway. ANYWAY. ONE OF THOSE. I like the counters fine but I probably won't keep all of the ones you're prompted to buy by goals. 

(My girlfriend and I differ v slightly on how we play Restaurant Story. She isn't following the new goals because the rewards aren't something she wants this time around whereas I am DOGGEDLY AND HUFFLEPUFFLY doing ALL THE GOALS from my dual Slytherpuff motivations of HAVE ALL THE THINGS and DO ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. Sometimes when Lal wakes up in the morning and looks over to see me clutching my phone with a slightly manic air, she just gets to be like:

LAL: Still not done?

ME: *awful sibilant hissing*

LAL: I see that you are not.)

Under the jump I'm going to go into how I'm getting on with the new goals, what the new oven has to offer, and how I'm using the new items.




I'm going to do a proper look at my restaurant/overview of what level I'm up to etc in another post so for now, let's just focus on the new riverboat things. WOW LOOK AT THAT THEME SO THEME SUCH BLOGGING AMAZE.

I did mean to take pictures of all the goals etc but AHA I managed to complete a couple before I did that because I am NOTHING IF NOT PROFESSIONAL <.< 

Initially, the goals were to buy a certain number of the new river walls and floors, which I did and am planning on keeping around because LOOK AT THEM. I've not decided if I'm going to get more of the walls and extend the theme I'm going with right now along the other wall of the restaurant but I like how this looks for now! I'm leaving this much of the new flooring though, just to break up the floor a bit. I think it would be a bit overwhelming in my restaurant if I went with my plan of mismatched tables and also had such a bright floor. Not that there's anything wrong if that is your heart's desire! FOLLOW YOUR BRIGHTLY COLOURED DREAMS, FRIENDS. I just like my restaurant to look exactly how I like it because... essentially because I can make it so. AW YEAH.

After the wallpaper and flooring quest, you unlock the riverboat oven! Here's what that looks like when it's out and made:

The riverboat ovens are either side of the golden cog steampunk oven of my heart *_*

The wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel *_* It's such a shame the riverboat oven only serves fish-based food because otherwise I would keep it around all the time as a staple oven. (I don't want that much fish in my restaurant just because I'm not a huge fan of fish myself.) But it's really beautiful and it goes so wonderfully well with the steampunk oven in the middle there (which IS a staple in my restaurant and I never store it away) so I'm so pleased to have it around! Maybe when I level up some more and can have more appliances out at once I will just keep it out as a staple because I love how it looks so much. ~~~shallow choice living~~~

The riverboat oven offers three recipes: fried shrimp, tuna croquettes, and crab dip. They were all available to me when I started the goals when they were released last week and I'm only level 22 now, so I imagine they're unlocked at a pretty low level too.


Oooooooo, recipes.


The first oven-based quest is to have the riverboat oven and serve 10 fried shrimp:

TeamLava and I differ on what is delicious but I DO AS I AM TOLD.
Here you can see the fried shrimp cooking on the two riverboat ovens and served on the first riverboat counter from the left. They look like a little shrimp pinwheel!
Again, I meant there to be a picture of a single serving of fried shrimp but HA HA FRIENDS THERE IS NOT I am sham.

Then come more quests that I completely blanked on picturing (ha ha ha so good at blog what a good first post) but they want you to buy the fresh fish sign (which I am only planning on keeping until I have finished the goals because, as mentioned, no thank you fish friends) and the riverboat railing dividers. I bought those as instructed and then promptly sold them. My restaurant isn't big enough for dividers yet and also they would block the view of my main counter area if I kept the dividers where there is space for them and NOPE counter prioritieeeees.

The next oven-based quest is to serve 10 tuna croquettes. This takes 6 hours to prepare and looks like this:

Don't play croquette-ish with me (/terrible pun)



And then this morning I FINISHED THAT and am now onto the next goal, which is to serve 15 crab dips, have one Captain Phoebe decoration unlocked from the previous quest, and ask your neighbours for fishing hooks:

Look at all those things I just said.


The crab dips take 8 hours to make and look like this:

With bonus now-outdated restaurant information at the top there because I completely forgot there was a photo function WOW I AM SO GOOD AT THIS REAL BLOGGING THING.


Frankly anything that isn't making King Sweet cupcakes at 22 hours a pop in Bakery Story right now seems like a wonderful rainbow of delight so I WILL TAKE THIS EIGHT HOUR RECIPE WITH PLEASURE. (Although I do like the King Sweet cupcakes; they're super pretty and also have a crown, which endears them to me so much more than I was expecting.)

And that's as far as I've got right now! STAY TUNED for more as I power on through the goals \o/ My Storm8 ID is Mermoog and should anyone be looking for neighbours you are welcome to add me on Restaurant, Bakery, or Fashion Story. My bakery and restaurant are both called M.Lateria and my fashion shop is called NO CAPES because... because Edna from The Incredibles, she got to me good. THOSE THINGS ARE LETHAL but admittedly cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment